What to do to find the right assisted living facility in The Villages for a loved one
Dear Higher Ground,
My 84-year-old mother is suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. I am no longer able to care for her at my home. I am looking for a residential assisted living home in The Villages that will be comfortable and have a home-like atmosphere. Do you specialize in memory care and what is it like at Heidi’s Haven?
Thank you for writing. We currently have space at our residential assisted living center in The Villages and can care for your mother. You are tasked with one of the most important decisions of your life: choosing an assisted living home for your mother. You must evaluate each assisted living center in The Villages and chose the best one taking into consideration many variables.
Here are some of the questions to ask yourself when you are looking for an assisted living facility in The Villages:
- Is the staff fully trained in care for seniors?
- Is the staff extensively trained in memory care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients
- Will moving your loved one to an ALF in the villages be the best decision for him or her?
- Will the move improve his or her quality of life?
- Is the assisted living facility near you and family for visits?
- Does the assisted living facility offer a home-like environment?
The Best Assisted Living Facility The Villages
Once you’ve narrowed your choices to a few homes, make time to visit each one and speak to the staff that will care for your loved one. You must feel comfortable on your visit(s), or your loved one will never feel comfortable.
Making sure the facility is well-staffed, clean, homey and offers activities for residents. You may even want to visit the kitchen and taste the food they are serving. The little things matter.
Contact Higher Ground Assisted Living in The Villages for more information